Program objectives and Programme educational Objectives
Programmed Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates will achieve broad and in-depth knowledge of Civil Engineering relating to industrial practices and research to analyze the practical problems and think creatively to generate innovative solutions using appropriate technologies.
- Graduates will make valid judgment, synthesize information from a range of sources and communicate them in sound ways appropriate to their discipline.
- Graduates will sustain intellectual curiosity and pursue lifelong learning not only in areas that are relevant to Civil engineering, but also that are important to society.
- Graduates will adapt to different roles and demonstrate leaderships in global working environment by respecting diversity, professionalism and ethical practices.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering Fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/ Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems
and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate
consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and
research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and
modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering
activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to
assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities
relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering
solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need
for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities
and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or
leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the
engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write
effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and
receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the
engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and
leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to
engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcome (PSOs)
- Graduates will have the ability to design a civil engineering system or process to meet the
desired needs of the society.
- Graduates will have the ability to design and conduct experiments in various areas of
civil engineering as well as analyze and interpret data.