INTEL Intelligent Systems Lab
Equipment Provided by INTEL Corporation, Santa Clara, California
Facilitated by Fice Education Pvt Ltd, Bangalore, India
Intel Corporation is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Santa Clara, California. Intel is one of the world's largest and highest valued semiconductor chip makers, based on revenue. It is the inventor of the x86 series of microprocessors, the processors found in most personal computers. Intel supplies processors for computer companies such as HP and Dell.
Intel Corporation was founded on July 18, 1968. Intel also makes motherboard chipsets, network interface controllers and integrated circuits, flash memory, graphics chips, embedded processors and other devices related to communications and computing. Founded by semiconductor pioneers Robert Noyce and Gordon Moore and widely associated with the executive leadership and vision of Andrew Grove, Intel combines advanced chip design capability with a leading-edge manufacturing capability. Though Intel was originally known primarily to engineers and technologists, its "Intel Inside" advertising campaign of the 1990s made it a household name, along with its Pentium processors.
- INTEL® Intelligent Systems Lab has been setup to enhance students' employability skills in order to bridge the gap between industry and academia.
- FICE is also committed to support in assisting students for the academic projects by providing training and certification thereby generating employment.
- To provide training on latest intel technology platform.
- To develop prototype and technology ideas in students.
Intel Galileo is the first in a line of Arduino-certified development boards based on Intel x86 architecture and is designed for the maker and education communities.
Intel Galileo combines Intel technology with support for Arduino ready-made hardware expansion cards (called "shields") and the Arduino software development environment and libraries. The development board runs an open source Linux operating system with the Arduino software libraries, enabling re-use of existing software, called "sketches". Intel Galileo can be programmed through OS X, Microsoft Windows and Linux host operating software. The board is also designed to be hardware and software compatible with the Arduino shield ecosystem.
The training on “Excellence in intelligent systems mainly included :
- Intel Galileo and its programming
- Peripheral interfacing and programming
- Understanding embedded Linux and its interface with Intel Galileo
- Building prototypes with Intel Galileo.