Welcome to the Central Library and Information Center. The Library System of Vimal Jyothi Engineering College Started at the initial stage of College with 2000 books. The VJEC library system consists of a central library and five departmental libraries that collectively support the teaching and extension programs of the institute.
Library & Information division of Vimal Jyothi Engineering college offers its services to about 1200 users comprising students of different branches of Engineering and the faculty from various departments of the college and neighboring institutions.
The primary mission of the library is to support the educational and research programs of the institute by providing physical and intellectual access to information, consistent with the present and the anticipated educational and research functions of the institute. In accordance with the objectives of the institute, the library aims to develop a comprehensive collection of documents useful for the faculty and the student community of the institute.
The secondary mission is, to serve as a resource center for the scholars and scientific community of the neighboring areas.
The library uses Greenstone digital library software for our digital library services. The library is in the process of installing Dspace Software for our institutional depositary services.
- The periodical section: A number of on-line periodicals are available in the library besides a number of printed periodicals.
- Library automation: The library is automated with Del Plus software developed by DELNET. The digital library is member of the INDEST-AICTE consortium.
Login to Digital Library
Department Libraries are established to meet the information require_oncements of the corresponding Departments and Engineering community. It is actually a nodal information centre of the central library . The Library provides require_onced books from the book bank for the needy students, for a semester. The department library has books for almost all subjects that the students are dealing with through out their eight semesters.
Department Libraries are working under each department
- Working hours: 9.00am to 6.00pm on all working days.
- Issue hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Holidays except Sundays: 10.00 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Personal Services like Circulation, Reference service, Reprographic service, User awareness, Inter library Loan, Information alert,and CD based services etc.
The collection of the library which includes books, journals, standards and patents in the field of science and technology and books of general interest catering to the personality development of the user community.
The books are arranged in six different sections. General, Reference, Book bank and Special collections.