- Knowledge in basic science is an essential ingredient of any professional course. Department of applied science and humanities aims to fulfill this function most efficiently.
- This Department is devoted to foster the fundamental principles and understanding of science that are capable of enhancing the human experience. Mathematics, physics, chemistry, economics and Humanities.
- Humanities comprises disciplines such as English, Economics, Management, Counselling and the two federal departments of Placement & Training and Physical Education are all handled by individual faculties.
- All the faculty members are highly dedicated to their work and are always willing to carry out any responsibility that may be entrusted to them.
HUMANITAS - JULY 2014
HUMANITAS - JULY 2014
|MECHANICAL BLOCK (2nd floor)
|Head of Department
|Prof. George K V (MSc, B.Ed)
|Address for communication
| Professor & Head of Department
Applied Science And Humanities Department
Vimal Jyothi Engineering College
Chemperi Post, Kannur Dist-670632 Kerala, India
To cater our students to pursue both intellectual growth and professional development, balance both depth and breadth in learning experience, practice both thoughtful reflection and active application.
Committed to teach our students to question critically, think logically, communicate clearly, and live ethically. These skills serve as the foundation for living the examined life and succeeding in an increasingly global, ever-changing workplace.
Long Term Goals
Computer Science Engineering
- To develop students with skill, attitude and leadership qualities.
- To create an environment & ambience suitable for research.
- To establish a Centre of Excellence in Computer Science
- To emerge as a Knowledge hub for Education with International Quality
Short Term Goals
- To achieve 100 percent pass in all semesters.
- To achieve 80 percent placement.
- To offer industry relevant coaching combined with practical exposure in all
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering Knowledge: Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering Fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/ Development of Solutions: Design/ Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage: Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics:Ethics:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.-A4